The new year is approaching fast so I thought I would gather together a list of goals that I want to accomplish in 2017. With this blog being a mixture of personal life, book reviews, and school stuff, this list will have a variety of things!
- For starters I want to be able to engage in conversation with more bloggers and befriend some of them! I am still so new to the blogging community that no one really knows about me. I don’t want to be that annoying person that leaves links around people’s blogs in the off chance that someone might actually click it. I don’t want to be a bother or promote myself in a way that irritates others. So, I would like to find a way to get my name out there and gain more followers!
- I want to expand my reading genres. I tend to lean towards Romance, YA, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I would like to branch out into some true crime books, fiction, maybe some biographies. I need to expand my mind with more than just steamy sex scenes and fantasy worlds. If you have any recommendations that I can add to list of books for 2017 feel free to leave them in the comments below!
- I want to learn how to be more spontaneous in my cooking. I cook a lot of chicken breast dinners with plain old corn, mashed potatoes, or Agrautins if I have a box laying around. If I’m getting bored with the same dinners every night then I know my family is too!
- Seeing as I will graduate in May of 2017, I want to figure out what I want to do with my degree and work towards that goal. I have a whole semester left to decide and get a resume together so I can apply for jobs as soon as I’m out!
- Speaking of school…. I want to keep myself motivated during my last semester. I want to kick procrastination to the curb and get things done in a timely manner.
- I want to take control of my weight and work out more! I need to find ways to keep up my motivation. This is my goal every year but I fail it.
- Manage my money better!
- Visit my brother in K.C, MO and old friends at my favorite Independently Owned Bookstore, River Reader.
- Participate in more school functions. Maybe even join a group!
- I wan to travel. As much as I would love to go over seas, I know that may not be a dream that will come true, so I will settle for seeing more of my homeland. I have been in the majority of the Mid-Western states. The farthest I have ever been was to New York in August and that was an impromptu trip. I didn’t get to see much of New York (or the city) but the drive was gorgeous and it was a trip that got me through more states in 2 days then my entire life!
Phew, that is a lot more goals than I thought I had, but they are goals that could be easily met if I just put my mind to it!
What are your goals for 2017?